Friday, February 6, 2009

My, Oh My...

Happy New Year!! Yea, yea...I know I'm a month late for that saying but O'well!! Man....it's been a yucky beginning to 2009! I got an yucky cold starting on new year's eve, which I am STILL fighting!! Dammit!! I got that damn cold and then Diego got it...then Diego got the stomach flu for 11 days!! It was absolute HELL at my house for those 11 days!! My poor baby was SO sick and he is super tiny so he could not afford to lose the weight that he was losing :( He literally looked like those kids from Ethiopia that you see on the commercials! It was heartbreaking!

Well...we finally got over the flu and he got better and back to normal. The weird thing is that he didn't talk for like 2 days and then when he started to talk again it was like his vocabulary had grown enormously! So weird!

I have been keeping my straight A's going with school!! YIPPIE!! This Monday I started a new class, unfortunalty it's a communication class and has nothing to do with child development...so we shall see if I can keep up with my straight A's...keep your fingers crossed for me :)

Let's see...what else is going on since my last post?? My brother's twins should be here anyday now...I can't wait!!!! If she doesn't go into labor before February 14th (Valentine's Day) the doctors will be inducing her labor. Poor poor Andrea is SO miserable and uncomfortable :( I feel so bad for her!!

Budget cuts!! Man, oh man...this is SO scary!! It's so unbelievable how much money just the EGUSD has to cut!! They have to make $15 million cuts now, $24(ish)million for next school year 09/10, and $26(ish) million the following school year 10/11!! I can't believe it!! Over 200 people in the same position as me will lose their job! :( Luckily, I have a pretty secure spot because of being in severly handicapped classification but could be bumped if someone else in the district loses their position and has more seniority over me. The good thing is that they have to have the same classification as me and there aren't too many SH classifications out there, there are more mild/moderate classifications within the district. Unfortanatley, Project RIDE wasn't so lucky in the proposed cuts for next year :( The district is planning to cut $90,000 from them...which will deeply affect us because our student's ride the horses once a week all year long!! I just hope something can change and fix these problems!! I'll keep praying!

Last but not LEAST, my newest news for the year is that Steve, Diego and I are expecting a new addition to our family!! Our new addition should be arriving sometime in September...I'm only 6 weeks and 5 days prego...still very early. I have been sicker than a dog!! And just want to naseasness to GO AWAY!! Diego asked me if I had Buzz Light Year in my tummy the other night...too funny! :)

2 comments:

Mrs. V said...

Wow! What a year it has been already for you. Glad Diego is healthy again. Congrats to the whole family and I hope you start feeling better soon!
xoxo

just us said...

Congrats on the baby news!!!