Friday, December 19, 2008

I'm MORE important than Santa!!! :)

Good Morning & Happy Friday!!!

This was a good week!! Despite the yucky cold that started on Sunday morning that pretty much ruined my Christmas shopping day, it turned out pretty damn good! Monday and Tuesday of work was the last 2 days of our "Secret Santa" game and I was successful at being sneaky and never got caught...although there were a couple of close calls! And I had a REALLY REALLY hard time having to lie to my friend...she keep showing me and telling me what she got and I had to act like I had no idea...it was REALLY hard!! But it was lots of fun :) I had a really good person too...she gave me lots of goodies, including a Soy Milk Caramel Macciatto!! I LOVE her!!!

So the BEST day of this week was Wednesday. On Wednesday the Elk Grove Rotary Club came to Jessie Baker and someone from the group dresses as Santa and hands out a gift to EVERY student at our school!! THANK YOU ROTARY!! They are SO awesome to do this EVERY year! It's one of the funnest days of my year. So...let me go back a little...the last 2 years I had a little girl in my class named Dalia, this year she moved on to the next class :( I was very sad and she was too. She is one of my ALL TIME FAVS!! I just love her to pieces!! I know, I know...I'm not supposed to have favorites but she stole my heart two years ago and sad to say...I HAVE a favorite and it's her!

Ok...back to Wednesday :) So, I'm sitting in the 2nd row with my class and the baby class (OMG..the baby class is SO damn cute!!) and I hear Dalia's name called but didn't think anything of it because I was busy talking to my friend in front of me. All of a sudden the teacher knelling down next to me gets pushed over and I get tackeled by Dalia! She was yelling Mrs.Nikki!!! And tackled me with a HUGE hug!! She didn't even care that Santa was there and ran to ME instead! Just warmed my heart and made my whole week, maybe even year!

Then...yesterday (Thursday) I had just finished writing Dalia's mother a note asking if I could take Dalia to the movies during our Christmas break and in comes Dalia's mom and dad. At first I was thinking they came into my class by mistake and forgot that Dalia was in a new class. NO...they were their to give me a Christmas gift and to say "Merry Christmas and thank you for being special to Dalia" My heart skipped again! They gave all 3 staff in my class a gift because we were so special to Dalia. Can you believe that!?!?! Dalia's mom said "Oh my God, Dalia always draw pictures of you and Dalia! All the time she draw you!" Skip, skip, skip...my heart goes again!!

So...please tell me how can she NOT be my favorite????? DUH...she could never NOT be my favorite!!!

Moral of the Story...ME, NIKKI, I am BETTER & MORE IMPORTANT than Santa ;)

Much love & Happy Friday!!

1 comment:

Mrs. V said...

Thanks for sharing this story, made me smile :)
Of course you are more important that Santa!